Terms and Conditions
We do not wish for any misunderstandings or problems with your holiday at Badenscallie so we advise that you read our terms before booking so that our process and procedures are clear. If you need further clarification, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
- Rates are quoted on a weekly basis.
- House let is for holiday purposes only and only let to the person(s) making the booking.
- A firm booking will be contracted on receipt of a deposit of £200, non-returnable. This will be acknowledged in writing with an account balance due, stating the date at which the outstanding amount is due to be paid in full (4 weeks prior to arrival).
- The proprietors reserve the right to refuse admission to their property and to require persons to leave if they consider there is a breach of contract or deem that there is damage to the property or cause of nuisance or in the event of conduct of an offensive manner.
- The holidaymaker will undertake to maintain and leave the said cottage and its furnishings in the same condition as at the date of commencement of this holiday let and re-imburse the owner for any damage or breakage.
- The tenant shall leave the said house in the clean and tidy condition that you found it in and if this is not the case a cleaning charge will be forwarded on to you after departure.
- The number of persons occupying the said holiday house shall not exceed the numbers of the party stated upon booking. MAX 6 persons.
- 1 well behaved dog is allowed but at a charge of £35 for the week and we ask owners to ensure they are kept under supervision at all times as we are a working croft with livestock.
- CANCELLATION - The holidaymaker is liable for the total hire charge unless written notice of the intention to cancel the booking is received at least 12 weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. Deposit will be refunded if the owner is able to re-let the holiday in the time available. Every effort will be made to re-let a cancelled booking but the holiday maker is advised to take out holiday insurance to cover this eventuality.
- From 2018 we have began to charge a £150 refundable Good Housekeeping deposit which is an extra amount to secure the contents of the property and to ensure the house is left in a clean reasonable condition. This will be refunded after departure when the properties are checked. within a week or sooner. We like to work on trust and will often overlook small accidental damage however unreasonable damage or damage of significant items will be charged. Our wish is to be reasonable and fair and to return your deposit so you will come again! This can be payable by cheque on arrival and the cheque will be returned as appropriate after departure.
By booking with us, you will be deemed as accepting these terms.